Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Droog


This past weekend, I was in NYC. I was in the SoHO area, and I decided t visit these three places, one of thiem is Droog.

Droog:

Droog is all about thinking from a different perspective which I think is so awesome, because that is what we need. NOOO not just thinking outside the box but think from a different position.

They think of what we want but make it into a totally different art form and in a way that we didnt think of before. Like, the solutions are simple and in front of our eyes but we dont put them together.

The first piece I'm going to talk about is this long seat and the first thing that comes to my head is the word mobility. Like I said.. the solution was so simple yet we dont think of it. They had this long like a little simple bench, but on top of it, there were marbles everywhere. Then they put on this circular seat on top. What you can do is then move your butt while on the seat anywhere on the bench and its like WOW. This is so cool. This piece was all about function. Of course theyre gonna make it pretty because its a product and you have to care about making it look pretty. But it was decorative. It just had this simple shape to it. And they took a simple shape with simple objects and make it into this new and improve thing. It was so cool.

When I saw this, I thought of when being in the office and there is tho table for all of your work then there is the table with you computer. And there is the section for files. To me, you can move around on this seat. It was just amazingly cool and innovative with simple things and making it look easy be cause we know that it was easy to think of something like that.

Thats my favorite piece at Droog.

No comments:

Post a Comment